Hilton Kuala Lumpur Presents “Kembara Asia” This Ramadan3 min read
KUALA LUMPUR :Hilton Kuala Lumpur welcomes guests to break-fast at Vasco’s Kembara Asia themed-buffet dinner transporting them on a gastronomic journey featuring signature Malaysian favourites and Central Asian specialties.
This buffet dinner is part of the nationwide ‘Jelajah Selera Bersama Hilton’ campaign by Hilton hotels in Malaysia. Inspired by Malaysia’s unique cultural tapestry and culinary heritage, this year’s theme calls for all foodies to explore the iconic flavours of Malaysia and beyond. Malaysia stands out as the centre of diversity in Asia, Jelajah Selera Bersama Hilton is a testament to that.
“The pandemic has taught us to truly cherish quality time with loved ones. As family and friends are finally able to gather and embrace the festive spirit this year, Hilton Kuala Lumpur invites everyone to come together and create new memories as they embark on a culinary adventure this Ramadan.” said Hilton’s Marketing and Communications Director; Eugene Oelofse.
Using only the freshest ingredients and quality spices, the Kembara Asia themed-buffet features a list of must-try signature dishes from 13 Asian countries. The list includes:
- ○ Ikan Patin Asam Tempoyak Sungai Pahang Patin Fish Braised In Spicy Fermented Durian
- ○ Masak Gulai Urat Keting Daun Salam Braised Beef Tendon in Coconut Gravy
- ○ Siput Sedut Masak Lemak Cili Api Pak Kadok Local Sea Snails, Turmeric Root, Bird’s Eye Chilli, Coconut Milk
- ○ Ikan Siakap Bakar Langkawi Served with Sambal Portuguese
- ○ Mee Rebus Tulang Rusuk Aromatic Sweet Potato Based Gravy serve with Bean Sprout, Choy Sum, Fried Bean Curd, Green Chilli, Fritters, Boiled Egg, Fried Onion, Spring Onion, Calamansi Lime, Sambal Paste
- ○ Serawa Pulut Durian Steamed Glutinous Rice served with Durian and Coconut Milk
○ Chicken Gochujang
Marinated Chicken with Spicy Korean Chilli Paste Gochujang Sauce
- ○ Som Tam Thai Green Papaya Salad, Long Bean, Roasted Peanut, Bird’s Eye Chilli, Onion, Lime, Brown Sugar, Fish Sauce
- ○ Pad Thai Served with Seafood, Chive and Bean Sprout
- ● JAPAN
○ Sushi Platters
California Roll, Soft Shell Crab Roll, Inari, Tamago, Ebi and Salmon
○ Chilli Crab
Stir-fried Crabs Cooked with Thick and Savoury Chilli Sauce
- ○ Pulut Panggang Gadong Spicy Sambal Filling wrapped with Steamed Glutinous Rice and Grilled over a Traditional Charcoal Stove
- ○ Kuih Penyaram Traditional Dessert of Deep-fried Rice Flour and Palm Sugar
- ○ Manok Adobo Braised Chicken with Potatoes in Vinegar, Ginger, Garlic and Soy Sauce
- ○ Kare Kare Braised Oxtail
● MIDDLE EAST
- ○ Dawood Basha Sauteed Meatballs with Onions and Tomato
- ○ Sumac Harra Grilled Fillet of Seabass with Tomato and Garlic Sauce
- ○ Lamb Shawarma Pocket Pita Bread, Onion, Tomato, White and Red Cabbage. Served with Arabic Shawarma Sauce
- ○ Ktaif, Balah El Sham, Zalabia, Om Ali and Mahalabia
- ● INDIA
‘Malabar’ Braised Prawn in Indian Masala Spice
○ Barbosa, Konafa, Baklava
○ Nai You Har
Stir-fried Prawn in Butter and Milk with Golden Egg Floss
○ Pho Bo Soup
Classic Vietnamese Flat Rice Noodle, Sliced Beef, Bird’s Eye Chilli, Basil Leaf, Coriander, Mint Leaf, Bean Sprout and Lime Wedges
○ Cekodok’s Medan
Cekodok Pisang, Cekodok Jagung, Cekodok Geragau and Cekodok Ikan Bilis. Served with Sweet Spicy Sauce
Guests also stand a chance to win amazing prizes simply by scanning a QR code at a designated area in Vasco’s.
The Kembara Asia buffet at Vasco’s begins on 2 April – 1 May 2022, from 6:30pm – 10:30pm. It is priced at RM208 nett per adult and RM108 nett per child (aged 5 – 11). Partner credit card holders will enjoy 10% off their bill respectively. Prior reservations are required. For group bookings and private functions, the buffet dinner is priced from RM198 nett per person.
For more information, call +603 2264 2264, email KULHI_FB@hilton.com or visit www.eatdrinkhilton.com. Selected festive items such as Ramadan dining vouchers are available for purchase via www.takeus-home.com/hilton-kl.